Sunday 7 September 2014

Café Britannia | Review

 
 
Yesterday I visited this lovely little café Britannia on Mousehold Heath in Norwich. My friend had already been once before and recommended the place, so before we went into the city for a bit of shopping we popped by with her little one for a late breakfast.
 
The Café is at Norwich prison and is staffed by inmates. All profits are given to charity/ community projects, including tips. The place is decorated beautifully - very British shabby chic, no two table sets are alike and there is even bunting! The café is has plenty of tables, a few couches and a lovely relaxed feel to it making it very welcoming.
 

We were there for a breakfast, but they also do lunches and afternoon tea. They had a varied selection for breakfast from full English to croissants. I was amazed at how reasonably priced everything was, my Princes (Full English) Breakfast, was under £4! It wouldn't have been a big enough portion for my finance, but for myself it was perfect, and for him they do larger breakfasts and you can add more of everything for an additional small cost.
 
 
They have seating outside also, allowing you to eat whilst looking over the city, I cant imagine a more picturesque place to enjoy a morning coffee in Norwich, even when the sun refuses to push past the clouds.
    
 
I would highly recommend a visit soon!
 
 
Carla
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment