Monday 30 June 2014

Banana Smoothie Muffins

Banana Smoothie Muffins Recipe
  
 

I spend endless hours of my life, like many, pinning on the ever intriguing Pinterest.  Whether its fitness motivation, fashion inspiration or just a giggle, I'm hooked! On one of my latest pinning sessions, I was having a snoop for some "healthy" alternative naughty treats for when I just cant shake that craving, when I stumbled across this little gem Banana Smoothie Muffins! what's not to love, a muffin that can double up as breakfast or an on the go guilt free snack, so I gave them a go and below are my creations. I made mini muffins due to the size of my cases, but muffin cases would definitely work better.  I loved them - don't get me wrong they're no double choc chip! but they are still tasty, moist, and full of good things to wade off the dreaded food guilt. They keep for a round 3 days and I got my recipe from Popsugar Fitness. Enjoy
What you'll need:
2 Cups Spinach
1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
3 Ripe Bananas
8 Strawberries
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Canola Oil (I used Olive Oil)
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

2. Puree your bananas, Strawberries, and Spinach  



 
Yummy....
3. Combine the rest of your ingredients in a large bowl. Flour, Sugar, Eggs, Oil, Baking Soda, Cinnamon and Salt. 

 4. Combine your mixtures, prep your cases (enough for 14 muffin cases), fill to 3/4 full, and pop into the oven for 20 - 30 minutes. 



5. Once you can insert a tooth pick into your muffins and it comes out clean, they're done! Now you just need to resist them to cool before eating.  To keep them fresh remember to store in an air tight
container for no more than 3 days.  

Thanks for reading, if you have any healthy recipes you have tried let me know I'm always on the hunt for more to add to my recipe book.
Carla x
To find me elsewhere check out my "About me"
 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment